Senior Information Security Officer
As a Senior cyber security officer, you will protect IT infrastructure
(including networks, hardware, and software) from a range of
criminal activity. You will monitor networks and systems, detect
security threats ('events'), analyze, and assess alarms, and report on
threats, intrusion attempts and false alarms, either resolving them
or escalating them, depending on the severity.
This is an operational role that facilitates the day-to-day information
security tasks necessary for the functioning of the organization.
These information security tasks aim to enforce / maintain
confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information by
conducting offensive security assessments on applications and
As a cyber security Officer, you'll need to:
▪ Perform assessments and regular security reviews to identify network, applications, and system vulnerabilities, reporting both to the technical and executive teams.
▪ Follow up with the development teams to ensure identified security issues are addressed prior to deployment on production.
▪ Be familiar with possible malware or ransomware attack vectors and advise blue team on weak points identified.
▪ Update and define hardening methodologies as well as advise on patches Network Testing.
▪ Be the first line of support on all system and/or network security breaches.
▪ Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments.
▪ Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them.
▪ Plan for disaster recovery and create contingency plans in the event of any security breaches
▪ Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorized, or illegal activity
▪ Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
▪ Identify potential weaknesses and implement measures, such as firewalls and encryption
▪ Investigate security alerts and provide incident response
▪ Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorized system users
Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future
▪ Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
▪ Maintain an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security
▪ Assist with the creation, maintenance, and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues
▪ 2+ years’ experience in Cyber Security, Red Team, or Vulnerability Research
▪ Bachelor’s degree or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities.
▪ Security Certifications E.g., CEH will an added advantage
You'll need to have:
• A passion for cyber security and a keen interest in IT
• Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware, and security
• An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
• A good working knowledge of various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus
• Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and assess risks, threats, patterns, and trends
• Teamworking skills in order to collaborate with team members and clients
• Verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals
• Written communication skills, for example to write technical reports
• Time-management and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
• The ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload
• Excellent attention to detail
• An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand
Monthly Gross salary :
To apply, send applications to email@example.com with the subject as Senior Information Security Officer.